Last year is in the past. For many, 2010 was a rough year. We all faced many challenges. I suspect 2011 will have its own trying times. We can, however, ensure that it is a NEW year by doing some things different. Here are some suggestions…
1. Tackle a fear head one. Once and for all, be done with it! Seek help if you need it, but make this the year that you are no longer controlled by that fear.
2. Understand the difference between “can’t” and “won’t.” Saying we can’t handle something dis-empowers us. But when we choose not to deal with something, we are in the driver’s seat. Look at some stress factors in your life…what WON’T you allow in your life anymore?
3. Reach beyond your current circle of friends and make a new one. President Bill Clinton once said that if your network consists of people who all look alike, you don’t have a network…you have an ant hill!
4. Try something new. Look for a fresh approach to a situation or a creative, unique solution to a problem.
5. Stop procrastinating on one thing…right now! Just do it and get it over with. When you do, celebrate! You just made it a NEW year!
A great resource for you as you create meaningful goals is my booklet, Reach the Goal in Record Time! It’s time for success!